About: Julie Boyd- Educator
- is a national and international educational consultant, community advocate and professional counselor.
- is an Educational Advisor to consortia which have just reached financial close on a $300 million project to build next generation schools.
- Is a coach, adviser, counsellor and mentor to a broad range of people and organisations including:
- Small Business Owners
- Whole School
- Community Organisations
- is a published multimedia author
- has worked across all three systems of education in every state and territory in Australia. Her school regeneration frameworks provided the initial platform for the statewide projects at state and National levels and her curriculum development model and digital curriculum assisted development of the Tasmanian, SA, NT and WA curriculum frameworks.
- has written extensive digital curriculum
- has also received awards for her contributions including Telstra Entrepreneur of the Year, Australian Businesswomen’s Hall of Fame inductee, and other National Awards for Innovation.
Julie’s work with schools, teachers, education departments (state and national) and in the corporate field has seen an integration at micro- and macro- levels of effective behaviour and organisational change.
About : Julie Boyd – Writer
Julie is an experienced keynote speaker, professional facilitator, psychologist, educator, expert coach and mentor who has won several business awards for innovation.
Julie is a prolific writer who has also written and published professional learning books for teachers for many years, and has been published in numerous national and international journals, national newspapers and magazines. She is passionately interested in politics, human nature, learning, indigenous cultures and the environment. Julie grew up in a Victorian mountain town so tiny she had to leave home at the age of twelve to finish her education. She has found herself working and playing in a multitude of situations ever since, across Australia and internationally, which provide rich fodder for her experientially based, memoir style, Aussie stories. She’s been published by Heinemann (education) and has self-published a further 18 professional development books and manuals for teachers. Julie has completed three manuscripts of stories and is still trying to decide what to do with them!
About: The Australian Centre for Sustainability Literacy
is a division of Julie Boyd and Associates, who have been working for three decades to educate students in becoming positively contributing world citizens. We use a careful integration of solid research and evidence from a broad range of fields across education, community, business and leadership to support the 7th Generation concept which says that all decisions need to be made for the benefit of 7 generations forward (an Indigenous Principle, also now the Principle of Intergenerational Equity).
This blog is not focussed around a single subject but rather, takes a ‘treasure hunt’ approach across a broad range of interconnected areas which may not be recognised as such.
EDUCATION FOR BUILDING SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES
Educational, Organisational and Community CONSULTANCY
Leadership Training, COACHING, Mentoring and GUIDANCE
PROFESSIONAL Learning Programs
Learning Community CONFERENCE Organisation and Facilitation
Strategy planning – community, political, personal, family
Cooperative Learning, Collaborative Process
Alignment of Pedagogy. Curriculum, Assessment and Learning Spaces
A Consilience Approach to integrating Concepts and Practices
A Balance of E-Learrning, Social and Natural Education
Systems Thinking and Organisational Approaches to Change
Natural, Ecoliteracy, Indigenous and Adult Learning Principles
Integration of more than 20 extensive fields of RESEARCH
PRACTICAL, INDIVIDUALISED Implementation
WE FOCUS ON:
PURPOSEFUL, Productive Work
RESPONSIBLE Use of TECHNOLOGY
Organisational and Individual CHANGE and Progress
RESILIENT Individuals, Organisations and Communities
Transcultural and CHALLENGING Situation Management
Building Extended and RESILIENT FAMILIES and COMMUNITIES
ALIGNING Learning, Environment,Teaching and Curriculum
OUR WORK provides a SYNTHESIS OF:
www.vision.net.au/~globallearning/ (one of the oldest websites in Australia- first developed in 1991)